IBC Cancellation & Returns Policy and Guidelines
‘We understand that sometimes products need to be returned. This may be for servicing; modification; refurbishment or if the product develops a fault, we are here to help’.
Please note the following considerations when deciding to instigate a Return’s request:
- IBC cannot accept returns of bespoke orders which have been modified or created to a customer’s specific requirements.
- In the event that a purchase order has been placed and acknowledged and the order is cancelled at any time prior to dispatch, a cancellation fee of 25% will be applied.
- Orders shall not be cancelled or amended unless so agreed in writing and upon terms which provide indemnity against any loss incurred by ‘Intelligent Building Controls’.
- Return of goods, with prior agreement and confirmation in writing, will be subject to a re-stocking fee of 25%
If a customer wishes to return an item, an initial request must be made in writing to [email protected]
Once this request has been received and reviewed, all customers will be directed to complete and return an IBC ‘Returns Form’ or (RMA) document.
A copy of our official Returns/RMA form can be downloaded HERE
Step 1 : Checklist
When completing the RMA form, the following details must be included:
- The codes of the items to be returned.
- The quantities of each item.
- Serial numbers, where relevant.
- The Purchase Order Number with which they originally purchased the item.
- The type of return desired (see below).
- The nature of the fault(s) with the item(s), where relevant.
Step 2 : RMA Reference number
Once the RMA has been completed in full and returned via e-mail or in person, IBC shall then issue the client with a corresponding RMA reference number and will be instructed to return the item to IBC with this reference number clearly displayed on the returns package.
NB: No returns will be accepted without a valid related RMA number.
Step 3: Type of Returns
There are four different types of returns which can be requested (see below). It’s important to bear in mind throughout the entire returns process what type of return is being dealt with.
- Warranty Exchange: where an product is within warranty and is faulty as a result of supplier error, and should be exchanged by the supplier for a new replacement item.
- Warranty Repair: where an item is within warranty and is faulty as a result of supplier or manufacturing error, and can be repaired by the manufacturer.
- Customer Repair: where an item is outside warranty and/or it has been damaged by user error, and can be repaired by the manufacturer at the client’s expense. In this case, the returning customer will need to provide a PO for the inspection/repair charges.
- Return for Credit: The item is in resalable condition and the client wishes to return it for credit. When items are returned to IBC for credit, a 25% restocking fee is normally charged.
Does the returned item need to be returned to the supplier for appraisal, testing or inspection?
Faulty items will need to be returned to the supplier for exchange or repair. Please note that a mandatory ‘Test & Inspection’ fee may apply and will be advised in writing before returning to manufacturer.
Does the item need to be repaired or replaced and is there a charge implication?
If a returned product is returned to be repaired or replaced and is found not to be covered under warranty, this charge will need to be passed on to the customer in question when deemed appropriate.
Does the client require a replacement item immediately from stock?
Should an immediate replacement be required for a faulty or incorrect part, the customer will be required to raise a new purchase order to cover this new transaction; in lieu of any returns or credits that might be subsequently generated.
Once this new PO has been forwarded, we can then supply the replacement part from stock if available.
When a customer is content to wait for the returned item to come back from the respective manufacturer, we shall endeavour to keep the customer informed of any developments or reports as they arise.
Does a restocking fee apply?
Yes, a restocking fee of 25% of the original invoice charge will be applied.
Once the related parametres have been established, a credit note or replacement will be issued, or in the case of repairs, a schedule and related quotation (if applicable) will follow.
Should you require any further information or if you have any related questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Operations Team
on +353 1 4575421 or e-mail us at [email protected]