IBC Delivery Procedures and Guidelines
“At Intelligent Building Controls, we continually strive to work with our global logistic partners to improve and ensure a reliable, swift and economical dispatch and delivery service which is entirely customer driven”
“We encourage our customers to regularly liaise with us regarding their delivery requirements to ensure that orders are dispatched appropriately and at a cost that represents good value for money”
Please note the following broad guidelines which serve to govern the parametres under which our delivery service operates:
- Where appropriate, we shall endeavour to inform our customers of any delivery due dates and we will always aim to inform all customers of any unexpected delays which might occur during transit.
- Whilst every effort is applied to ensure a reliable delivery service, order delivery lead-times may vary from product to product and may be outside IBC’s direct control.
- Delivery charges will be included on the company’s original Quotation or Sales Order unless otherwise stated. In some cases, we may need to apply additional carriage charges after the fact and at short notice. However, we shall always notify our clients of any related amendments prior to invoicing.
- IBC cannot accept liability for any delays or costs incurred which might arise during the course of the delivery process. However, any alterations or additions made to an existing order may delay the completion and delivery of an outstanding order.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to fully examine the goods upon initial receipt and IBC must be notified of any defects or shortages within 3 days of initial receipt.
- If the customer is unavailable or not willing to accept delivery of an order, the delivery company may leave the goods on the premises without responsibility for loss or damage to ‘Intelligent Building Controls’.
IBC Procedures Governing the Dispatch of Goods
- Where goods are in stock and an order is placed before 12 noon on a given day, we shall always strive to dispatch the order that same day. Whilst the courier service operates primarily upon a next day delivery agreement within Ireland, sometimes and where unforeseen circumstances may apply, it can take a bit longer so please be patient!
- Where goods are out of stock, we will endeavour to contact you immediately upon receipt of your order, informing you of the expected/approximate delivery due date.
- For all goods-out deliveries, please note that a signature is required by our courier company at the delivery address which was specified when the order was originally placed. If for any reason you are unable to receive your order at your usual address, please specify an alternative delivery address when placing your order and assign an appropriate person to sign for the order on your behalf. If no one is available to sign for a delivery, the courier company may need to apply a charge for a second delivery. Please note that official transfer of goods only occurs once the client approves and signs for a delivery.
- Certain special carriage charges may apply where the items ordered are heavy, oversized or of an unusual shape. Where this occurs, we will make every effort to inform you that it is not possible to ship the order for the cost shown and advise you of the adjusted rate. At that stage the order may be cancelled without obligation.
Should you require any further information or if you have any related questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Operations Team
on +353 1 4575421 or e-mail us at email@example.com