With these simple steps you can choose which gas detection is required for your application
First, we need to establish if the building is COMMERCIAL (e.g. schools, shopping centres) or RESIDENTIAL (house, apartment).
On choosing Commercial, for example, you need to answer the following questions:
- What is the line size for the Gas Valve?
- What gas we are detecting Natural Gas, LPG or Carbon Monoxide?
Next, we count how many zones are needed.
- At IBC, we have controllers that can cater for 32 zones.
- Only on the lower number of zones up as far as ‘4 zone’ can detect Natural Gas and LPG.
- When we want to detect Natural Gas, LPG and Carbon Monoxide we move up from 4 zones up to 8 zones or 32 zones.
With regard to RESIDENTIAL you will to answer the following questions:
- What is the line size for your gas valve?
- Auto or manual reset?
- Will the valve be:
- normally open? (when no power the valve is open) or
- normally closed? (when no power the valve is closed)
In residential, the controller and sensor are combined into one device.
You have the option of Natural Gas, LPG and Carbon Monoxide detection.
Wiring diagrams are supplied with every sensor controller and additional device.
You can enhance the gas detection system with an Emergency Stop Button and a Flashing Beacon, both of these items can be wired into your controller. This option is available for both COMMERCIAL and RESIDENTIAL .
For more information and a quotation contact [email protected]