Terms and Conditions of Business
1.1 Definitions in these conditions:
The “Customer” shall mean the corporate entity, firm, partnership, or person seeking to purchase Goods from the Company.
The “Company” shall mean Intelligent Building Controls Limited (IBC).
The “Contract” shall mean any contract of Goods or Services made between the Company and the Customer; the “Goods” shall mean the products articles or things to be sold by the Company.
The headings to the clauses shall not affect the construction of these conditions.
The use of plural shall include the singular and the use of the singular shall include the plural.
1.2 These conditions shall be incorporated into every transaction made between the Company and the Customer
1.3 These conditions shall apply to the exclusion of any terms or conditions put forward by or on behalf of the customer and in the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these terms and conditions of trading and the terms of your order, these terms and conditions prevail, unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing.
1.4 These conditions shall not create any agency or partnership between the Company and the Customer or any third party
1.5 No person in the employment or acting otherwise as agent of the Company or purporting so to do has authority to accept orders or supply goods in any condition other than those contained herein or to vary these conditions in any way whatsoever. Previous dealings between the Company and the Customer shall not vary or replace these conditions or be deemed in any circumstances whatsoever so to do.
1.6 No purported variation or waiver of or addition to these conditions, whether written or oral or in respect of representations or statements made, shall have effect unless and until authorised in writing by a Director of the Company.
1.7 Quotations, whether written or oral, submitted by the Company shall be deemed to be an invitation to treat and not an offer.
2.1 Any quotation issued by the Company shall be open for acceptance at any time during the validity period stated. If unstated the validity period is 30 calendar days. After the expiration of the validity period the quotation is deemed to be withdrawn by the Company.
2.2 Any quotation is made on the understanding that it will be accepted in full. In the event of partial acceptance of the quotation by the Customer a written revised quotation may be sent by the Company to the Customer. Any description or specification or drawing or accompanying the quotations or contained in the Company’s marketing material shall not form part of the Contract.
2.3 It is the Customer responsibility to check quotation and order documentation to ensure it is correct and notify the Company of any discrepancies in writing immediately.
2.4 Additions or alterations to orders, however made, shall not be binding until confirmed by the Company in writing.
2.5 The Company reserved the right to change products, specifications, or prices without prior notice.
3.1 The Company reserves the right to change/alter the unit price anytime without notice.
3.2 The quoted price is valid for 30 calendar days from date of issue.
3.3 All prices quoted are net and subject to VAT at the rate prevailing at the date of dispatch.
3.4 If the Customer requires alteration to the order, the price will be varied accordingly, and the Company shall be entitled to recover any ancillary costs incurred.
3.7 Discount (by negotiation) is offered for payment with order and/or prior to delivery.
3.8 Minimum order value is one hundred Euro (€100.00).
4.1 The risk in goods supplied by the Company shall pass to the Customer where the Company delivers goods, or the Customer collects the goods.
4.2 The legal and beneficial ownership remains with the Company until payment is received in full.
5.1 The customer must examine the goods and notify the company of any defects or shortages within 3 working days of delivery.
5.2 Goods lead-in times may vary from product to product and may be outside the control of the Company.
5.3 The Company does not accept any liability for any delays caused by late delivery of goods. However, the Company will endeavor to inform the customer of any unexpected delays.
5.4 Any alterations on the order by the customer may delay the completion and delivery of the order.
5.5 The cost of delivery is included in the quotation unless otherwise stated.
5.6 If the Customer is not available or unable to accept delivery the company may leave the goods on the premises/site but only on foot of written instructions to so do and without any responsibility for loss or damage to the Company.
5.7 If Proof of Delivery is required it must be requested within 3 working days of delivery. There will be an additional charge for this on a customer by customer negotiated basis.
6.1 Queries relating to invoices must be made as soon as practicable but not less than three  working days from receipt of invoice
6.2 Where credit facilities have been arranged all monies are due for payment within the agreed number of days from month end. Failure to strictly comply with credit terms will result in normal trading being suspended, with account being designated ‘On Stop’ and all further orders put on a payment with order basis.
6.3 Customers are required to settle their credit account by electronic funds transfer (EFT). Refer section 13 below.
6.4 Amounts outstanding beyond agreed credit terms will attract interest at the rate of 1.5% per month or part thereof and will be effective from date of invoice(s).
6.5 If no specific credit terms have been agreed then the customer shall pay all sums due to the company either with order or upon delivery.
6.6 We accept payment via MasterCard, Visa, Laser and PayPal. Please note that all payments are processed by third party service providers and the company does not retain any payment details.
7.1 All goods supplied are in accordance with and limited to manufacturers terms and conditions EXCEPT in the case of ZIP Heaters (UK) Ltd where warranty is in respect of parts only and this guarantee or warranty is limited to such warranty or guarantee as is provided by the manufacturer. Such warranties and guarantees are set out in manufacturers and company websites, brochures, catalogues, and quotations.
7.2 The company’s liability under clause 7.1 above is conditional upon:
- a) Notice in writing being given to the company immediately the defect or failure arises and detailing the nature of the issue e.g. date, time, place, operating conditions, precise nature of the defect/fault.
- b) Goods have been installed in proper and satisfactory manner
- c) Goods having been maintained & serviced in a proper and satisfactory manner with documentary evidence.
- d) Goods having been used reasonably for the purposes for which they were supplied and not having been damaged by other parties or otherwise or modified in any way.
- e) The customer having complied in all respect with all terms and conditions of these conditions of sale.
7.3 If alterations/modifications are made to the goods without the prior written consent of the company, the company shall be under no liability for failure of the goods. No allowance shall be made for any alterations so made.
7.4 All defective parts replaced shall become the property of the company.
7.5 If agreed payment terms are not complied with then any guarantee or warranty issued by the Company is void.
8.1 Except where expressly contained in these conditions of sale, all warranties, conditions, undertakings and representations , express or implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded and the company has no obligation, duty or liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise.
8.2 In any event, the company’s liability arising for any reason in connection with this contract shall be limited to the original invoice value of goods.
8.3 In no circumstances will be the company be liable in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise for loss (whether direct or indirect) of profits, business or anticipated savings.
8.4 Each provision of this condition is to be constructed as a separate limitation applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of the said provisions is held unreasonable in any circumstances and shall remain in force notwithstanding termination of this contract
9.1 The company will not accept cancellation of orders for goods specified uniquely to customer’s requirements (customised).
9.2 In the event that a purchase has been placed, acknowledged, and confirmed and the order is cancelled any time prior to dispatch, a cancellation fee of 25% is payable.
9.3 Orders shall not be cancelled or amended unless so agreed in writing and upon terms which provide indemnity against any loss incurred by the company because of cancellation.
9.4 Return of goods will be subject to a re-stocking fee of 30% or as may be agreed but must be confirmed in writing and signed by manager.
10.1 The company reserves the right to change these conditions of sale at any time. Any changes being made will be notified in writing via email to the customer in advance of said changes taking effect
11.1 Any notice required to be given in writing under the contract shall be given either by facsimile transmission or via email and shall be deemed to have been delivered (in the absence of evidence to the contrary) within 1 working day of sending.
12.1 The Customer expressly agrees, that until the Company has been paid in full for the goods comprised in this or any other contract between the parties hereto the following conditions shall apply:
- a) Risk in the Goods shall pass on delivery, but the goods shall remain the Company’s property.
- b) The Company reserves the right to dispose of the goods until payment in full for all the goods has been received by the Company in accordance with the terms of this contract or until such time as the Customer sells the goods to its customers by way of bona fide sale at full market price.
- c) If Payment due to the Company under this Agreement is overdue in whole or in part the Company may (without prejudice to any of the Company’s other rights) recover or re-sell the goods or any part of them and may enter upon the Customer’s premises personally or through the Company’s servants or agents for that purpose.
- d) Until such time as the property in the goods passes to the Customer, the Customer shall be entitled to resell or use the goods in the ordinary course of its busine The Customer shall hold the proceeds of sale (and/or the proceeds of any insurance where appropriate) of any goods upon trust for the Company as to the proportion thereof representing the price and shall account to the Company for same. The Customer shall hold all such monies in a separate bank account pending payment to the Company and shall always keep these monies separate from any monies or property of the Customer or third parties.
- e) Until the property and the goods has passed from the Company to the Customer shall ensure that the goods and any products in which they are incorporated are kept in good condition and repair and shall keep such goods and products insured against all risks to their full replacement co
- f) In case of default in payment the Company shall be granted access rights to repossess the Good.
Bank Account Name: Intelligent Building Controls Ltd
Bank Account Number: 80646046
Sort Code: 90-00-17
IBAN: IE08 BOFI 9000 1780 6460 46